In 2008, several Cambodian NGOs along with a group of donors began discussions about the county’s nascent extractive industry (EI) sector. With Chevron’s discovery of offshore oil and the influx of mining companies operating in Cambodia’s provinces, civil society groups identified a need to begin advocacy efforts to ensure that revenues from oil, gas and mining be used transparently and responsibly. This series of discussions represented the birth of CRRT, with the official launch taking place in early 2008 with a mission to ensure that State revenues from non-renewable resources, namely oil, gas and mining, are collected, managed and spent to equitably benefit all Cambodians. Youth Resource Development Program (YRDP), The NGO FORUM on Cambodia (NGOF), Development and Partnership in Action (DPA), Economic Institute of Cambodia (EIC) and Center for Social Development (CSD) became the founding members, with representation on CRRT’s the Board of Directors.
Objectives of the assignment
- To conduct an assessment of the Extractive Industry (EI) sector and identify opportunity for CRRT to effectively work on this sector
- To develop the six-year strategic plan 2020-2025 for CRRT
- To develop the three-year proposal 2020-2022 for CRRT
- At least 10 years of work experience in institutional development and strategic plan development
- Profound competences in different data collection methods and data analysis (qualitative and quantitative);
- Proficiency in English or/and Khmer
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience in and/or sensitivity to the Cambodian context;
- Experience and knowledgeable about Extractive Industries
The duration of the assignment process is 36 working days, starting from May to June, 2019. The final documents will be submitted not later than the end of June, 2019.
How to apply
Individuals, companies, or organizations with relevant expertise and interest, should send us the following:
- An expression of interest;
- A proposal describing the method of the assignments, curriculum vitae, schedule, work testimonials of the similar assignment and a detailed budget to the following address by 5:00 pm May 17, 2019.
YRDP, #93, St. 590, Boeung Kak 2, Tuol Kork, Phnom Penh or by email: [email protected]. For detailed information of the Terms of Reference, please email to
Office #93, St. 590, Sangkat Boeung Kak 2, Khan Tuol Kork, Phnom Penh,
Tel: (855-23) 880 194 / Fax: (855-23) 881 605,
P.O Box: 462 Phnom Penh CAMBODIA. CCC Box: 240,
E-mail: [email protected] Website: www.yrdp.org