Angkor Research, as part of a consortium with the Euro Health Group (EHG), University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and Itad, has been awarded a contract by the Technical Evaluation Reference Group (TERG) of the Global Fund to conduct the Prospective Country Evaluation (PCE) project in Cambodia from 2017-2021. This project examines the effectiveness and efficiency of Global Fund-funded activities and policies through the current funding cycle (2018-2020).
The PCE team is looking for an experienced epidemiologist who can support the work of the PCE on the quantitative and analytical elements of the project. This person will work with the CEP team in Angkor Research on a full-time basis.
Duties and responsibilities of Epidemiologist
The Epidemiologist will work with the Angkor Research team to:
1. Interpret disease-specific indicators and epidemiological trends relevant to the impact analysis
2. Conduct epidemiological/medical reviews required for the evaluation
3. Formulate hypotheses, contribute to the analysis and interpretation of the impact evaluation components
4. Enhance evidence-based evaluation through working closely with the process evaluation team on all aspects of the PCE
5. Contribute to the formulation of recommendations to the TERG/ Strategy Committee
• Preferably PhD in Epidemiology or equivalent, at minimum an MPH in Epidemiology or Biostatics
• At least 5+ years working in the National Disease Programs, preferably in HIV or TB or Malaria (or more than one), or working in the areas of disease programming manipulating and using the national data for program improvement
• Demonstrated experience working in the field of clinical or public health epidemiology
• Experience working with government and multilateral organizations, and Global Fund-funded programs in with implementing agencies
• Excellent command of English, spoken, written, read and strong report writing skills
Salary after taxes will be in the range of $1,000 to $3,000. The Epidemiologist is a full-time position and will be contracted until 31 March 2021, with possible extension.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV, to the Angkor Research office, No. 7A Street 173, Sangkat Toul Tumpoung II, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, or by email to [email protected]. Angkor Research is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. The closing date for applications is 5 pm Friday, 28th February 2020.
Angkor Research and Consulting Ltd.
No. 7A Street 173, Toul Tumpoung II, Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel. (+855) 23 222 501 , [email protected]