Catholic Relief Services (CRS) was founded in 1943 by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops to assist the poor and disadvantaged. CRS returned to Cambodia in 1991 and currently works in the sectors of Health and Inclusive Education, with approximately 11 local partners. A head office is located in Phnom Penh. CRS Cambodia is the hub office for Southeast Asia programming, including Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam.
By applying to this job, you as the applicant understands and acknowledges that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, the applicant understands that if s/he is a successful candidate, s/he will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate their behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Resilient and Sustainable System for Health (RSSH) Finance Officer (1 Position)
To be based in Phnom Penh.
(Previous applicants do not need to apply)
You will support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team you will help coordinate daily financial activities through preparation and delivery of financial services.
• Set and monitor sound accounting and financial reporting procedures for Global Fund RSSH grant with subrecipients and partners following established standards. Ensure setup and maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned Global Fund grants accounts in SunSystems financial accounting package.
• Review the grant agreement with Program Manager and summarize key compliances and inform to relevant stakeholders regularly through meeting or email communication.
• Assign T code, CRS account code for new approved budget based on reporting requirement from Principle Receipt and NCHP.
• Review and validate supporting documentation before processing of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete and authorizations are in place.
• Record financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review and analyze various accounts to detect irregularities. Advise on corrective actions and prepare correcting entries and adjustments, as necessary.
• Assess, evaluate and monitor subrecipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and strengthen capacity of partner in financial accounting and transactions.
• Monitor disbursement/receipt schedules, alert relevant Global Fund RSSH grant staff of due payments/liquidations, and maintain appropriate communication and follow-up to facilitate timeliness of financial resource management and compliance with set deadlines.
• Prepare various periodic and ad hoc financial reports and perform variance analysis to assist Global Fund RSSH grant staff with decision-making. Assist with budget maintenance for proper management of financial resources.
• Work with program/ project managers to review closely the burn rate and spending by budget lines of each grant through Budget Comparison Report (BCR) or periodic donor reporting to ensure the grant expenditure is on track as approved budget and workplan. Provide as much financial information as requested by program/ project managers to catch up or speed up the plan.
• Prepare and proceed the inter-fund settlement on monthly basis for Global Fund RSSH grant.
• Working closely with program/ project managers for any budget proposals/ reprogramming budgets for Global Fund RSSH grant.
• Provide information to all Global Fund RSSH grant staff, subrecipients, and partners on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues and deliver training and other capacity building activities.
• Perform assigned treasury Global Fund RSSH grant (cash payment/receipt, cash forecast, etc.) duties, as long as segregation of duties is ensured.
• Participate and coordinate with program staff during big workshop/training to facilitate payments to participants/ vendors and collect complete supporting documents
• Coordinate with Finance Officers and Project Managers on project auditing for all Global Fund grants to ensure all required documents and accurate financial records/reporting are prepared ready for auditors/PRs/LFA.
• Conduct field monitoring visits/ spot check to CRS staff at field offices and partners for expenditure verification and prepare monitoring reports accordingly.
• Back up Finance Officers in preparing finance vouchers and review the supporting documents for liquidation from project staff and partners for Global Fund grants and for Finance - Operations.
Education Background, Experience & Requirements:
• High School Diploma required. Professional diploma/Certificate or courses in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration a plus. Courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent) preferred. B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration highly preferred.
• Minimum of two years accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
• Familiarity the relevant public donors’ regulations a plus.
• Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SunSystems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software a plus.
Details Job descriptions are available via www.bongthom.com/jobs
Interest candidate should submit their CV and covering letter, on or before 22nd October 2019
To CRS recruitment email: [email protected], or send to CRS Cambodia Office:
Building # 64, Preah Norodom Blvd, Corner Street 178, Sangkat Cheychumneas, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.