GIZ is a federally owned enterprise and is supporting the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and interna-tional education work, GIZ supports the German Government, mainly through the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) but also through other international donors, by implementing projects in the areas including economic development and employment promotion, energy and environment, peace and security with its development partners in some 120 countries around the world.
In Cambodia, GIZ has been working with the Government of Cambodia since 1994 in achieving its national development goals and since then implements projects in the areas of economic and rural development, health and social protection and good governance. In addition to this, there are a number of global and regional programs with activities in Cambodia. GIZ Cambodia employs more than 270 professionals including around 230 national staff. The GIZ Country Office in Phnom Penh is in charge of the overall GIZ project portfolio, it provides support in procurement and facility management, financial management and administration, human resources to the projects in the country.
For the GIZ Country Office in Phnom Penh we are currently seeking candidates for the position of Human Resource Manager
The position holder supports the management of the GIZ Country Office in the strategic steering and development of the national staff of GIZ Cambodia.
The position holder:
• Introduces a systemic HR approach to the HR unit
• Applies the GIZ HR strategy to the context of Cambodia
• Prepares, adjusts, and implements HR innovations (incl. the ones from GIZ headquarters)
• Plans, sets up and implements staff development and career planning measures
• Identifies current issues and challenges in the HR system and formulates appropriate solutions
• Develops human resources instruments and procedures
• Networks with the team national staff at GIZ Head Office and other HR specialists in the region to share experience on good practices
Depending on qualification and experience, duties might expand towards a coordination role for the HR unit.
Required entry qualifications and competencies:
• University Degree in the field of Business Administration, Law, Psychology, or similar area
• At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position with management experience
• Thorough understanding and knowledge about the goals and functions of an HR unit and efficient HR management
• Strategic and systemic approach in HR management
• Very good communication skills, flexibility, constructive and creative thinking and proactive development of solutions
• Own initiative at the conceptional level and willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
• Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications
• Proficiency in oral and written English, good knowledge of Khmer and/or German would be an asset
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a professional and cooperative GIZ Country Office team, have opportunities to collaborate with the different project teams also in the provinces, to develop the HR system in Cambodia and will enjoy a competitive remuneration package.
Interested candidates shall send the following to the contact details below:
• A cover letter briefly describing and justifying how they meet the above-mentioned requirements
• An updated CV (certificates should not be included with the application)
• Most recent recommendation letters from the previous employers
• Provide your salary expectation with your application
• Provide information on earliest date of availability for employment
Have we caught your interest? Please also refer to Bongthom.com (www.bongthom.com)
GIZ Office Phnom Penh
Email: [email protected]
Closing date: 02 June 2022
Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
You can find this job advertisement on our