Play Space Montessori is seeking a Lead Primary Montessori Teacher for children ages 3-6 years for the 2018-2019 school year. Current students who are enrolled in a certification program are encouraged to apply! Candidates will be positive, energetic, patient, and willing to work with parents to grow the school. Interested candidates should send a resume, references and a cover letter to [email protected] For more information please call Ms. Malyda Soeun at +85516746688. This role will remain open until filled.
Lead Teacher Job Description
• Establish and maintain classroom true to the Montessori philosophy, paying particular attention to the needs of students.
• Plan, prepare and maintain all units of study – including Montessori materials, thematic units, library books, etc.
• Facilitate a respectful environment for children and adults by advocating conflict resolution and Grace and Courtesy lessons.
• Meet individually with prospective parents and students.
• Communicate via newsletters (email) with parents about their children’s school lives every week and educate parents in Montessori philosophy.
• Carefully observe and keep daily records on each student’s individual progression through the classroom.
• Maintain the school’s system of record keeping.
Supervision of Classroom Assistants and Interns:
• Establish a harmonious relationship with assistant and intern.
• Participate in staff evaluation
• Conduct weekly staff meeting
7:30am – 5:00pm including 1hour lunch break.
Lead teacher must meet the following requirements:
• Diploma from AMI or any certified training center (or equivalent such as preprimary credential, primary diploma, or provisional certificate)
• At least 1,040 hours experience as an assistant teacher, aide, or student intern, preferably in a Montessori primary classroom
• Have the physical capacity to work with pre-school/Kindergarten aged children.
No. 1159 Building 2, National Road No 2, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel: +85516746688 - email: [email protected]