Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), an executing agency of Japanese Official Development Assistance (ODA), opened its representative office in Cambodia in 1993. Since then, JICA has been working together with the people of Cambodia to enable the country to pursue their sustainable socio-economic development through technical and financial cooperation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To be in charge of various JICA sponsored projects in charge.
2. To collect and analyze information related to current political and social context, various needs in the sector in charge.
3. To liaise with government agencies, private sectors and other relevant organizations such as development partners (DPs) in implementing, monitoring projects as well as arranging schedule for mission teams from Japan.
4. To represent JICA Cambodia office at relevant meetings, workshops, and seminars, etc.
5. To engage in secretarial works and logistical arrangements.
6. To engage in the project formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in the section in charge under the supervision of the section chief.
Requirements (Qualifications and Experience)
1. University degree. Advanced degree would be of an advantage.
2. Native tongue in Khmer and excellent speaking, reading and writing ability in English.
3. Minimum 3 (three) years of professional experience directly working in or with the international development field.
4. Experience working in or with relevant ministries would be of an advantage.
5. Long-term carrier vision as a JICA staff for more than 5 (five) years.
6. Cambodian national
1. Ability to work independently with a minimum supervision as well as ability to work as a team.
2. Sufficient ability to read and summarize the relevant documents such as reports issued by government agencies or relevant donor parties.
3. Strong commitment and competency to create and strengthen the relationships with various stakeholder.
4. Proficiency with relevant computer programs (internet, email, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
5. Strong commitment to learn and improve, especially JICA’s regulation on accounting and procurement
6. Experience/Expertise of the Cambodian economic/infrastructure development and relevant field(s) would be a great advantage.
1. Starting date: Mid-June, 2022 is expected.(Negotiable)
2. Work location: JICA Cambodia Office with occasional travels to the provinces and foreign countries.
3. Basic working hours: From 8:00 to 17:00 (lunch time is from 12:00 to 14:00), from Monday to Friday
Submission of Applications
1. Applicants shall send the documents below to Mr. Takayuki Shimodaira, JICA Cambodia Office via e-mail to [email protected].
2. Only short listed candidates will receive acknowledgements. All applications are treated with strict confidentiality.
3. The deadline of submission of application documents: at noon of May 25, 2022
(1) Cover Letter with the reasons of applying to the position
(2) Curriculum Vitae with photo
Please write the following items on curriculum vitae:
• Personal data : Name, Date of birth (Age), Civil status, Present address, Mobile phone number, E-mail address
• Language and skill: Language, Computer skill and other qualification/skill
• Educational background (domestic and overseas): School/University name, Degree, Major
• Working experience: Company/Organization name, Period, Position, Role/Responsibility
• Your Advantage and others
• Expected monthly salary (US$)
Note: Certification of degrees, languages, skills etc. are required for the interview of short listed candidates.
(3) At least 1 (one) Recommendation Letter by your previous employer and teacher etc