Cambodian Children’s Fund (CCF) is one of the leading international NGO that contribute to social development through providing life-changing education, nourishment and healing to vulnerable children from some of Cambodia’s most destitute communities with its vision to transform them into tomorrow’s leaders. This well respected NGO, currently, cares for more than 2,400 students and 10,000 people annually, helping entire families and communities in crisis through a significant array of programs and initiatives.
CCF operates in Cambodia through strong support relationship development and fundraising businesses in USA, Australia, UK, and Hong Kong. It has grown rapidly since its inception. To support the development, CCF is
currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Chief Operating Officer based in Phnom Penh.
About Chief Operating Officer
The Chief Operating Officer, Global will work closely with the Executive Director (ED) to execute the organisation’s mission. The incumbent is directly accountable for establishing a successful roadmap for organisational growth and impact delivery. This will specifically lead the development and implementation of a strategic plan to guide the work of CCF internationally and provide leadership for all global activities, governance,
encouraging and developing systems, communication and relationships across all international businesses. S/he will identify and implement structures, systems and procedures to enable an integrated and coordinated approach
to engage all CCF offices in achieving strategic financial objectives and impact. Strengthen our fundraising markets (international offices) in Australia, Hong Kong, the US, and the UK working with the fundraising team as well as
increasing fundraising in Cambodia.
With matrix oversight, s/he works in collaboration with the function managers and international managers, supporting them as they implement the new systems and processes. A key responsibility is increasing operational
efficiency, and this will include establishing contemporary and sound methodology to support more strategic decision-making, accountability, rigorous and quantifiable reporting, and continuous quality improvements.
|Position Title||:Chief Operating Officer||Key liaison||: Cambodian based senior managers, specifically Finance Manager & Grants Coordinator|
|Report to||: Executive Director||External liaison||: Indirectly, existing and potential Benefactors and various Government Agencies as relevant to the role|
|Manage||: Directly manages all remote managers and staff||Closing Date||: 30 September 2021|
• Visibly ethical: able to engage and influence others as a credible leader who wishes to make a positive difference in the lives of some of the most impoverished young people in Cambodia.
• Strategic thinking and implementation: Overseeing strategic and operational delivery activity of the organization and understanding well the nature of the programs and projects of CCF. A demonstrated ability to develop successful and innovative strategies which have visibly contributed to the efficiency and effectiveness of large and complex organizations.
• Highly accountable: Demonstrated experience and expertise in developing approaches to achieve excellent and quantifiable outcomes, and simultaneously focussing on balancing organisational, staff, stakeholder and student outcomes. Adhere to all regulatory requirements, enforcing compliance and acting when necessary.
• Systematic thinking: expertise in developing and implementing planning and accountability frameworks systems and processes, policies and initiatives which influence and stimulate measurable improvements to productivity, quality and profitability. Ability to lead the development of aligned, simple but not simplistic frameworks, processes and approaches.
• Leadership, interpersonal and relationship management skills: a high degree of self-awareness and the ability to successfully lead a team of professionals, clarifying expectations, aligning them with organisational expectations, developing and motivating them, holding them accountable. Demonstrate excellent organisational and leadership abilities, integrity and strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to understand complexities, dilemmas, ambiguity, problems and opportunities, influencing and collaboratively developing appropriate responses. Demonstrate an aptitude for decision-making, problem-solving, competence in
strategic planning, business development, analysis and regulatory issues.
• Highly communicative: Ability to understand the business of CCF, building, managing relationships, working collaboratively to influence, negotiate and contribute to decision-making and innovation. Able to represent the organization confidently in the public arena.
• Business acumen: experience in business analysis in terms of risk, efficiency and long-term planning. Ability to set and manage a significant budget. Ability to develop clear systems for reporting and forecasting in a comprehensive and succinct fashion, within the context of continuous improvement and risk management.
• High level of IT competency and familiarity with contemporary approaches to communicating with various stakeholders. Experience in overseeing the strategic use of databases.
• Cultural competence: Demonstrated appreciation and valuing of Khmer culture, with understanding and ability to live successfully in a developing country. Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity and work flexibly in a challenging environment.
• Qualifications & Experience: Appropriate postgraduate qualifications in fields related to Business and management or finance. A minimum of five years’ experience in a successful leadership role within a large and complex organization. There is a strong preference for a candidate with experience in the non-profit sector.
• Commitment: Demonstrate a high-level of commitment with a willingness to stay longer-term with CCF.
CCF provides successful candidates a competitive salary based on job and potential. It offers annual salary increase plus other benefits such as Annual Bonus, 24-hour Insurance, Seniority, and Friendly Working Environment with other HR policies paralleling to Cambodian Labor Law. The successful candidate will become part of an integrated team working together as ONE CCF.
How to Apply
Appropriately skilled, experienced and/or qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover letter(Combined into one ‘Word’ document) to email: [email protected] & keep Cc: [email protected] (soft copy) or HRINC (Cambodia) Co.,LTD ; House #10, Okhna Pich Avenue (Street 242), Sangkat Chaktomuk, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. (hard copy) with subject Application for Chief Operating Officer by closing date 30 September 2021.
Contact Number at HRINC Office: +855 (23) 211-437
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview!
For full details of job description, please find on www.bongthom.com