Angkor Research, as part of a consortium with the Euro Health Group (EHG), University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and Itad, has been awarded a contract by the Technical Evaluation Reference Group (TERG) of the Global Fund to conduct the Prospective Country Evaluation (PCE) project in Cambodia from 2017-2021. This project examines the effectiveness and efficiency of Global Fund supported activities and policies through the current funding cycle (2018-2020).
The PCE team is looking for a Health Evaluation Officer who can support the work of the PCE to evaluate the relationship between Global Fund investments, outcomes and impacts in Cambodia. This person will work with the evaluation team in Angkor Research on a full-time basis.
Duties and responsibilities
The Health Evaluation Officer will work with the Angkor Research team to:
1. Analyse, interpret and distill Global Fund policies and grant documents to inform the evaluation.
2. Lead qualitative investigations into the processes and contributions of Global Fund grants to specific disease outcomes.
3. Support data collection, management and review for qualitative analyses.
4. Formulate hypotheses, contribute to the analysis and interpretation of the process evaluation components.
5. Enhance evidence-based evaluation through working closely with the impact evaluation team on all aspects of the PCE.
6. Prepare, edit and deliver reports and presentations documenting findings of the evaluation for different audiences.
7. Contribute to the formulation of recommendations to the TERG/ Global Fund Strategy Committee
• University education / training in health or evaluation (Masters or PhD preferred);
• Experience working in health in Cambodia, particularly in the HIV, TB and/or malaria sectors;
• Experience working with the Ministry of Health, specific disease programs (NCHADS, CENAT, CNM), multilateral organizations, and/or Global Fund-funded programs would be an advantage;
• Excellent project management, analytic and reporting skills;
• Prior experience in project evaluation is an asset;
• Excellent command of English and strong report writing skills;
• Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines;
• Ability to work well with a mixed team of Cambodian and expatriate staff;
Salary after taxes will be in the range of $1,500 to $2,500. This is a one-year contract with a 3-month probation period at the start of the contract. The Health Evaluation Officer is a full-time position and will be contracted until 30 March 2021.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV, to the Angkor Research office, No. 7A Street 173, Sangkat Toul Tumpoung II, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, or by email to [email protected]. Angkor Research is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
The closing date for applications is 5 pm Thursday, 12th December 2019.
Angkor Research and Consulting Ltd.
No. 7A Street 173, Toul Tumpoung II, Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel. (+855) 23 222 501, [email protected]