The Ministry of Tourism (MoT) has received a concessional loan from the French Agency for Development (AFD) to finance the setting-up of the Vocational Schools of Tourism(V.S.T.), with two campuses: one in Sihanoukville and another in Phnom Penh (the VST Project). The VST will be a training place and a center of excellence for MRA implementation following the ASEAN curriculum at minimum in order to strengthen the Tourism Sector through the development of tourism and hospitality training skill for jobs. Along with this project, the RGC has requested AFD for assisting and financing a reinforcement program of commercial capacity of the
tourism sector (the PRCC Project). The core objectives of the program are to strengthen the capacity of the public and private stakeholders as well as to improve and to implement the sector development strategy.
The Project Management Unit (PMU) intends to recruit One Project Coordinator, for a 2 year contract including a probationary period of 3 months (and with potential 1 year extension until project completion, subject to satisfactory services),to coordinate and ensure the project is implemented as per the budget and the schedule by coordinating activities and reporting to management (current situation, risks & opportunities) for strategic decisions to be made at management level.
1. Under the responsibility of the Project Director and Deputy Directors for each component of the project, the Project coordinator will coordinate with Director, Deputy Directors, Technical Assistances, other PMU members,MEF and related stakeholders for the implementation of VST and PRCC projects, including the private sector stakeholders and the AFD Agency.
• Prepares and ensures proper and regular organization of Joint Public Private Technical Committee and Steering Committee’s meetings. Acts as facilitator for all project activities.
• Build good relationship & smooth communication
with the team, local authorities & the partners.
2. Management, supervision and organization & work plan :
• Ensures enforcement of applicable laws and
regulations, credit facility agreement and Project
Administration Manual stipulations.
• Schedules and conducts regular project management meetings among Director, Deputy Directors,Technical Assistances, other PMU members, MEFand AFD to assess the work, discuss and resolve project issues.
• Procurement: Oversees procurement activities,
identifies and anticipates risks.
• Organizes and conducts meetings for the procurement of works, VST equipment and other procurement for functioning of PMU.
• Finance and accounting:
- Oversees accounting & budgeting, ensures effective financial system and procedures put in place for accounting and financial management of the project and of the PMU.
• Administration and human resource:
- Ensures effective project administration and personnel management.
- Provides capacity building.
- Supervises and maintains high level of performance by the project and its staff.
3. Ensures global coordination of the project on all operational matters, including regular update of the project implementation timetable, procurement plan, etc. Liaise with various officials and stakeholders (within the PMU,within MoT, with professional associations, with technical assistants and contractors, with Schools management team when in place...) in order to make sure that deadlines are met and relevant actions are implemented, thus ensuring smooth implementation of the project.
4. Monitors the implementation of all contracts with (TAs) and construction and equipment of VST under loan and grant project by: Ensures proper contract management; Keeps track of TA’s records Monitors TA’s & contractors’ performance
5. Performs other duties assigned by Project Director and Project Deputy Directors.
Qualification and experiences:
− Bachelor Degree in Management, Business, and Administration or any equivalent degree.
− Good English Communication (speaking, listening and writing)
− Proficient in using computer software especially Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Power Point, internet and E-mail; Telegram, cloud storage, google drive
− Should be a good team player with excellent inter-personal skills and previous management experience; Minimum 5 years experience as project coordinator and manager − Previous experience working on donor-funded projects would be a strong asset
− Knowledge in tourism sector and vocational training would be a plus
Interested candidate is invited to submit their applications to PMU office before Jul 31st 2020 at 16:30. (Attn: H.E. Neb Samouth, Director General of Tourism Industry and Project Director, at Lot 3A, St. 169, Veal Vong; Prampi Makara District, Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia.
Tel: (855) 012 59 72 98, E-mail:[email protected],only short-listed candidate will be contacted.