KfW is Germany’s state owned bank and belongs to the leading and most experienced promotional banks in the world. An integrate part of our global engagement is development finance. On behalf of the German Federal Government and other donors we finance development projects around the world.
In Cambodia, the Ministry of Rural Development (MRD) is preparing the Rural Infrastructure Development for Cambodia (RID4CAM) project, which is to be financed with funding from the Government of the Kingdom of Cambodia, the German Government through KfW, Agence Française de Développement (AFD) and the European Union. KfW is currently looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of a National Project Coordinator (Senior) for this project. The newly hired staff will work in the KfW representative office in Phnom Penh under the supervision of the Office Director.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
A) Project Coordination
• Assist the responsible project team at KfW headquarters in Frankfurt in effective project management by closely monitoring the project cycle, reporting to headquarters on progress, identifying obstacles and contributing ideas to overcome them;
• Coordinate closely among the Program Management Unit at MRD, Project Implementation Consultant and Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF);
• Coordinate closely with the project teams in KfW, AFD, and the EU Delegation in resolving issues arising during the project cycle.
B) Local Representation
• Represent KfW (acting on its own behalf and on behalf of AFD and EU) at and actively participate in meetings, workshops, seminars and technical working groups with government agencies, funding partners, other development partners in the sector, NGOs etc.;
• Closely liaise and coordinate with government line ministries, funding partners, international development partners and other stakeholders working in the same sector (e.g. ADB, GIZ, IFAD, World Bank), especially in areas where potential synergies or overlaps with RID4CAM exist;
• Actively monitor developments in the sector and collect, review and analyse project and sector related data, reports and communication and participate in the sector policy dialogue;
• Prepare and contribute to project reports, publications, presentations, websites and the like;
• Support the public relations and visibility activities of RID4CAM in close coordination with the Project Implementation Consultant, and the project teams in KfW, AFD and EU Delegation.
C) Logistical Support
• Organize, coordinate and accompany RID4CAM project missions in Cambodia. This includes, but is not limited to, arranging schedules (work plans, meetings, field visits), oral and written translations and back-to-office reporting;
• Ensure proper filing of RID4CAM related documentation and effective information management.
Requirements (Qualification and Experience)
• Advanced university degree (equal to MA or higher), preferably in economics or social sciences, development economics, engineering or in related subjects;
• Native tongue in Khmer and excellent speaking, reading and writing abilities in English. Knowledge of German and/or French language would be of an advantage, but is not a precondition;
• Minimum seven (7) years of professional experience directly working in or with international development partners; and/or with private sector;
• Proven work experience in rural development sector would be a strong advantage;
• In-depth comprehension of macroeconomic and development relevant issues in Cambodia and advanced understanding of government policies, strategies and administrative procedures;
• Ability to work independently with a minimum requirement of supervision and guidance needed, while integrating with small teams and coordinating with KfW headquarters and project partners;
• Indicating the will to take responsibility and displaying a problem-solving attitude with the ability to adapt to changing structures;
• Ability to travel frequently to targeted provinces of the project;
• Ability to establish working relationships with higher-level government officials and representatives from other development partners;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Excellent analytical and writing skills and sufficient knowledge to read and summarize the relevant documents (e.g. papers issued by government agencies and/or development partners);
• Proficiency with computer programs (internet, email, office packages, WebEx);
• Work location: KfW Office Phnom Penh with frequent travels to the provinces and occasional travel abroad;
• Standard working hours and working days: 8 hours per day (40 hours per week), between 7:00 to 19:00, excluding lunch break, from Monday to Friday, with occasional work/travel on weekends and/or public holidays, if required.
Submission of Applications
We encourage interested candidates to submit the following application documents which will be treated strictly confidential and not be returned to the applicant:
1. explaining your motivation behind the application (max. 2 pages);
2. Comprehensive curriculum vitae, including names and contact details of two to three professional references from different institutions who are familiar with the candidate’s qualifications and work experience (max. 4 pages);
3. Indication of your salary expectations.
Interested applicants are to submit their applications by email to [email protected] and copy to [email protected] or hardcopy to the office of HRINC (Cambodia) Co., Ltd (address: #10, Street 242, Sangkat Chaktomuk, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Tel: 078-888-242. The deadline for receipt of application is Friday, 15th January 2021, 5pm. Only shortlisted candidates will receive acknowledgement and are contacted for interviews. KfW is a value based equal opportunities employer, appointing on merits by open competition.