The World Bank is looking for a qualified candidate to fulfill the position of the Short-Term Consultant (STC) in the Education Global Practice (GP).
The Consultant will support the following activities:
- Providing operational support for the ongoing Bank-financed education projects;
- Assisting in the preparation of new projects;
- Providing technical support for the implementation of the ongoing analytical works; and
- Supporting policy dialogue and interactions with relevant UNs, NGOs/CSOs, and technical level staff of the MoEYS and sub-national teams.
The consultant will also provide other forms of support and work closely with the Phnom Penh based Bank Education Team, led by Senior Education Specialists. The detailed ToRs can be shared upon request.
- A Master's or Ph.D Degree in education, economics, management, or related disciplines;
- Experience in working with international development agencies or multilateral/bilateral organizations of similar scope and scale to the World Bank;
- Strong research, operational, field experience in education or economics, particularly in Cambodia and/orother developing countries;
- Proven success in team environments, a record of conducting and leading research across diverse teams and contexts, and a willingness to learn new skills and work with the public sector;
- Strong analytical abilities to assist clients and team members in analyzing situations, setting priorities, and developing innovative development agendas;
- Ability to deliver high-quality products in a timely mannerand adapt to changing circumstances and challenges, including flexibility in work schedules and willingness;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English and Khmer; and
- A record of academic publication(s) and presentation (s).
Duration of assignment:
The duration of the assignment will be initially for 60 working days spread across the period of March to June 2024 with possibility of extension based onperformance appraisal. Once the contract is renewed, it will extend for 150 days over a 12-month period.
Deadline of application:
Interested applicants may request the full Terms of Reference for the position and submit their CV and cover letter to Ms. Maly Prak, Program Assistant, [email protected], Closing date: February 16, 2024.